my favorite granola, fresh figs, and very red cherries…..
oh…and the sound of the ocean in the background….
“…how beautiful heaven must be…”
Southern Sunday Morning
- 4 c thick cut oats
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 1 c nuts
- 4 T ground flax
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 4 fl oz honey
- 2 1/4 fl oz coconut oil
- 4 t vanilla
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- Mix together first seven ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix honey and oil; heat slightly in microwave then and vanilla
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add dried fruit
- Cool well; this will clump if you do not stir after removing from oven
- Store in freezer