These strawberries have been in the freezer since last summer. The cold storage did not diminish the taste value of the red beauties.
slow oven roasting turned the frozen strawberries into oven roasted strawberry jam
notice the thick, red – juice-truned-jam
Oven Roasted Strawberry Jam
(recipe adapted from http://familystylefood.com/2011/04/roasted-strawberry-refrigerator-jam/)
- 2 quart bags frozen strawberries, drained of juice after thawing
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 T chamboard liquor
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into large bowl
- Stir well to distribute sugar
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Pour mixture into half sheet pan
- Bake in slow oven (250 degrees) for two hours
- I stirred berries and juice a couple of time during baking time.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Store in refrigerator if you plan to consume within a couple of weeks; otherwise, store in freezer.
Oven roasted strawberry jam would be delicious over ice cream or cheesecake or pound cake, ….
or off the end of a spoon.