- Process flour, toasted pecans, and sugar in food processor
- Add butter and pulse to cut butter into flour mixture.
- Add egg yolk and mustard; add water if needed
- Remove dough from food processor; press together in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour
- Press dough into tart pan; line with parchment and fill with weights
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove parchment paper and weights; return tart shell to oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes until browned
- Sit aside to cool
3 slices bacon, fried until crisp
3 small green onions, chopped
5 oz bag fresh spinach
2/3 c whole milk
1/4 t salt
pinch of black pepper
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of red pepper flakes
4 oz brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fry bacon in pan; remove from pan and drain on paper towel to cool; chop into small pieces when cooled
- Add chopped green onions to bacon grease and cook 2 or 3 minutes
- Add fresh spinach to bacon grease/green onions; cook until wilted which should only take a couple of minutes
- Drain spinach/onion to remove excess moisture (I use a ricer to squeeze out excess liquid)
- Chop spinach well before spreading on top of the baked, cooled tart crust.
- Add bacon
- Mix all other tart filling ingredients in small bowl. Slowly pour over spinach/onion/bacon.
- Top with brie cheese
- Add a few sprigs of thyme
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes until filling is set. Let cool a few minutes, cut and enjoy.