I cut the peanut butter granola bars into small pieces, in theory for portion control and storage.
The bars are packed with seeds and nuts and oats, and flavored with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter and honey. Eating only one peanut butter granola bar, regardless of the size of the bar, may be a challenge! The bars are delicious and addictive.
- 6 T brown sugar
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter (from Peanut Butter & Co)**
- 4 T honey
- 4 T butter
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 T ground flax
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 2 T chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment for easy removal of bars after baking
- Melt brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, and butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove melted mixture from heat and add vanilla; sit aside
- In large bowl, combine oat, coconut, sunflower seeds, flax, sesame seeds, cacao nibs, and chocolate chips
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry, and stir to combine well
- Press mixture into parchment lined pan
- Bake for 20 minutes (per original recipe). I would bake longer next time, hoping to achieve a more firm peanut butter granola bar